World of Franchising - SUBWAY & NAASF

A discussion of issues affecting franchisee operators in the Subway franchise system and how the system may be improved. If you have any comments and wish to contribute to this web page; feel free to email the author.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

My background is in Research and Development (Science) as well as Economic Development (Business). Currently managing my own businesses. My degree; B.Comm, Finance Major.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Here is one of the recent emails from a new franchisee:

"I have read my first copy of your "news letter". As being a new franchisee to the system I have to say you and our fellow owners are dead on. How much more Greedy can DAI get? No wonder you see more stores for sale then before. The tactics to work 98 hours a week in a community that pulls the sidewalks in no later then 9 PM is ridiculous. Added costs for labor, lights etc. just so DAI can get some extra Profit. Perhaps if they really cared.........All I know right now is that they are more interested in their bottom line then they care about those of us supplying cash to line their pockets. What do I get from the corporate office, I can't even get my rep to call me back."

It is sad to see such disillusionment from a new franchisee. It goes to my previous point in an earlier post that this attitude of DAI will have negative consequences. DAI really need to become franchisee friendly. Just getting a new CEO who reports to Fred-Dee will not do the trick. Fred and company really need to have an attitude change and this will not come voluntarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!--WEBBOT bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan ALT="Site Meter" -->